ELLA Learning Alliance on Climate Resilient Cities – Discussion 1: City Level Climate Change Plans and Policies
- Climate change policy and planning are typically developed and implemented at the national, rather than at the city level. City actions are generally reactive following extreme climate-induced events.
- National climate change policies and planning often do not correspond with distinct city level needs, and as such city level plans are necessary.
- Institutional and financial government support for cities to develop bespoke plans would likely heighten the chances of developing meaningful city plans to tackle climate challenges.
- Development and implementation of climate change strategies require effective governance at the city level.
- Technical and financial collaboration from the private sector is key to implementing climate change policy and planning, particularly in cities with sparse resources.
Otros materiales de ELLA conocimientos relativos a la Adaptación y mitigación del cambio climático en ciudades:
GUíAS Y RESúMENES
ALIANZAS DE APRENDIZAJE